Total Pageviews

Friday, March 21, 2008

We Wait for Eastern Morn


S
ea BreezesThis evening in coastal Georgia is quiet, as if the world waits. The day dawned bright and sunny with robin's egg blue skies. I call it a Chamber of Commerce day; a day they would take a picture to promote our area for tourism. I offically started spring break today, so I slept in till after eight, jumped in my little convertible and headed to the Y for a water aerobics class. My afternoon was happily spent working in my front flower beds. Harold and I had dinner out at a little restaurant down on the Sapelo River, we could even see a hint of ocean from our waterside table. During this lovely spring day, I kept thinking of Him, His cross, His Passion. Good Friday. "Come to the cross, come to the lonely place where teardrops turn to grace." I sang these words during our Lenten cantata, and today I remembered them and wept. At church we sang, "Who denied thee, twas I Lord crucified thee." Our sins wounded and killed the King of Kings. What love is this who gave for us His only son that we might be saved and live eternally? What wondrous love is this? Oh Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us and bring us into your dark Gethsemane that we might rise with you this Easter morn.

1 comment:

Liza said...

I am so jealous of where you live!!

My mom wants to take a water aerobics class. We were just discussing that in the car today!