Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2008

More Lighthouse Chatter




Sea BreezesI have been thinking about lighthouses all day. The best part about blogging for a writer like me who is also a writing teacher is that it gives me a channel for creative thoughts that, at any moment of the day, could spill over onto the floor. Lighthouses represent light, of course, which is one of the themes I find myself using often in my poetry. One of the pieces we were working on in choir the other day spoke of Our Lord's light as resplendent light. I love that word! Resplendent light must be the best, whitest and brightest light. His light is that and so much more. A light, the scriptures tell us, that even outshines the sun. Back to the lighthouse topic, up close, at night, the St. Simons light is so bright you can almost feel it on your skin. When out at sea in a storm, it is a constant for the ship's captain. A reliable, unchangeable, trustworthy light to a safe port in the storm. The lord's love is that light in my life, steady and unwavering. Now, my faith is more like the storm, wavering and unpredictable. How amazing that His love for me is not connected to my level of faith. He is the same, yesterday, today and always. The St. Simons light is the same today and tomorrow for a while. And someday, it may fade. The Light of the World will beam for eternity. Enjoy these shots of the St. Simons light.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. As I drink my coffee and check blogs this morning, you've given me a lot to think about. Thank you!