Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Morning Is My Favorite Morning



Sunday morning here in Darien is always delightful. This Sunday morning dawned blue and bright and breezy. I stepped out on my front porch to be greeted by the morning calls of neighborhood birds and dancing Spanish moss. My old live oaks seemed to take on new life as the morning sun filtered through their craggy old branches. Harold and I shared breakfast by the fire as the air was still cool from the prvious hours of darkness.
Soon, we were off to church at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, established in 1879 in the heart of Darien. We love our little church that God has brought us to. We love the people most of all.I sing in the choir and Harold serves as an usher. This morning I took my camera to catch a shot of me and fellow choir members sharing a smile after services. We sang "On Eagle's Wings" for our offertory. This is one of my favorites and the words always bring strength to my soul when I sing "He will lift you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, and make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand." Wow, we serve a mighty God. I love remembering that God lifts me over the dawn on a beautiful Sunday morningl

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great blog Mom! I am proud of you for figuring it out! I am sure dad helped a little...:)

Phyllis said...

Actually Katie Sue, I figured it out all by self! Be sure and add it to your favs!

Kittie "Kat" said...

Your home is so charming!!!