Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day is Done

sea breezes At the end of the week. I needed a moment of magic. I needed the sea. As I strolled out onto the St. Simons Island Pier, magic found me. The sea air carried the haunting strains of a nearby bagpiper celebrating the day's end as the sun began to slowly drop into the ocean. I am so blessed to live near such magic. The orange glow over the ocean, the winter sea air tickling my hair, the staggered chords of the bagpipes forming the familiar melody of "Amazing Grace." Does life get any better than this? I was mesmerized by the magic. Together, that bagpiper and I, celebrated the ending of the day. "Day is done, gone the sun, from the lake, from the sea, from the sky. All is well, safefully rest, God is nigh."

1 comment:

Kittie "Kat" said...

Gosh, this make me want to move to the beach!