Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Best Gift


Sea Breezes I love gifts that keep on giving. Last Thanksgiving we really gave thanks as all nine of our kids were under our roof. We had a wonderful time. We laughed, ate, changed diapers, ate, read books, laughed, ate, bathed babies, ate, picked up toys, loved, enjoyed, shared. That precious time for this Grandma didn't stop when the group went out the front door to their own homes. I still have that gift. It is still giving because it has turned into a sweet memory that I can pull out each day and enjoy. Christmas showed up right after turkey day and daughter Katie and family got to come for a few days. My Tennessee kids were safely tucked away in their own home enjoying Christmas, but I had that Thanksgiving memory to pull out for my Christmas day. Then we found out Christmas Day that a fifth grandbaby was sleeping and growing sweetly inside Katie. I suddenly realized that the next gathering under our roof would be our ten kids! This blessing/ gift giving thing is getting out of hand. It is out of my hand, but it is safely in God's hands! Our Lord indeed delights in blessing us! This is where the picture of the swing comes in this story. Katie and Greg gave us a swing for Christmas, after they shocked us with the new baby news; their "old baby" just turned one. Well, the swing is hung. It is a great gift. It will be a cherished place to sit and hold and rock and love all of the other gifts we have gotten over the years. That porch swing is a great gift, but what it represents is the best gift of all. My children and my grandchildren are the best gifts for these two grandparents. You think all these kids know how much we love and cherish them?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are going to build so many new memories rocking your grandbabies and grandchildren on that swing! We have a similar swing at my parents and last week we spent lots of time with my mom rocking Banks to sleep in the swing. What a precious time!

Katie said...

Hey! Check my blog, I posted you swing pic of you and Kennedy! She already loves swinging with her MeMe!

Liza said...

I want to swing in your swing with your grandbabies!!