Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2008

Beaches and Barefeet

What is better than beaches and barefeet? When my day tried to take a downward spiral and I needed to make a "save", I remembered that in minutes I could be barefooted and on the beach. Just thinking about kicking off my shoes and digging my toes into the sandy beach made me smile. The very fact that we live near the beach is still part of my "I can't believe I live here" syndrome. I never tire of the smell of salt air, the sound of the tide coming in or the sharp call of a circling sea gull. My grandbabies love going to the beach when they visit. The beach is a child's fantasy playground, and we always kick off our shoes, wiggle toes in the sand, and sneak a toe into the water, no matter what the termperature! Beach treasures are golden because they are varied and free! This week if I need to get away, even if only in my imagination, I will think of barefeet and beaches! Those are two of my favorite things, in addition to my four very favorite grandbabies.

No comments: