Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Moment of Fame


Sea BreezesThis week I had an experience with fame.They say fame is fleeting, and that is a good thing. Last evening I experienced a fleeting moment of fame. I enjoyed the moment very much because I represented the awesome team I work with at Brunswick High School. My principal and I accepted an award at our local school board meeting from United Way on behalf of the employees at our school. We beat out the other local high school in donations, and I was the fund raising chair type person at our school. Thus, I had the honor of being recognized. My fleeting moment of fame felt really good, in my heart good. Representing others is a special honor which makes you want to hold up pictures of all the folks you represent and then make a speech about each one of them. We got a beautiful trophy to display at our school, I got a thank you from my awsome principal, and I even got my picture put on the school homepage. All in all, it was a great experience. But back to this fame thing. Fame is fleeting. Does it mean the same as remembered for? What do I want to be remembered for? Someone said only three things are important in life: who you love, who loves you, and your relationship with the Lord. Nothing else matters. My moment of fame came and went, but what it represented will last a long time. Being famous is fun for a moment, but being ordinary can be extraordinary.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thats wonderful - congratulations on the award! You are famous!