Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Daughter


Sea BreezesI have been away from my blog for a while for several reasons. My writing just dried up for a while, my thoughts seemed to be consumed with my job, family and other activities. I wrote in my head but the paper remained blank. Then, my inspiration returned. My husband has starting downloading pictures from the past and my heart jumped into the past years when he presented me a picture of my beautiful daughter at the age of about four.

There she was, my precious little girl, all curly blond hair and loving on her Barbie doll. She loved dolls, my little girl has always been a nurturer. She has always wanted to be a mother. That desire in her was evident as soon as she could hold a baby doll. To this day, she is living her childhood dreams with her own two beautiful children. I wish every woman had a daughter. I love my boys dearly also, but this blog is for those of you who have daughters or are a daughter. You become an extension of your mother. She wants to share the lovely world of womanhood and girlhood with you. She wants you to be strong, tenacious, brilliant, beautiful and also alluring. She wants you to be nurturing, self-confident and endearing.

My daughter Katie is all these things. I recently found a plaque that read "First your daughter, now forever your friend." She may think it sappy, but it says so much now to me. Our relationship now is of two women, two mothers, two wives; although we are different ages, the womanhood we share is a bond. I probably drive her crazy with my repeating of stories, and she drives me crazy complaining about them. But while we have the time to be together on this earth, I will ever remember the picture of a little girl who wanted nothing but to be a wife and a mother.Katie you are beautiful in both these roles.

No comments: