Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ashantilly Through My Lens





















Sea BreezesThe trip to Ashantilly plantation was well worth the time on a lovely October Sunday afternoon. On the grounds of the historic plantation, local historian, Buddy Sullivan presented a talk about the beginnings of The Lower Altamaha Historical Society and its efforts to preserve the pristine loveliness of our river system. A marker was dedicated to mark the plantation and its history. We got to tour the plantation home, and I stayed and poked until I could poke no more. Only the first floor is open to the public. The home has much restoration to be done, but as a lover of old things, I was in heaven. Please enjoy my pictures that I hope will speak for themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.