Total Pageviews

Monday, April 27, 2009

Where did spring go?




Sea BreezesOK, what happened to spring? I was just starting to bask in the cool spring breezes, then, wham! Summer showed her hot face this weekend and took over. My grand babies in Statesboro played in their baby pool. Thanks for the pictures, Katie. Kennedy Susan has her broken arm splinted safely in a plastic bag to keep it dry. Nothing stops that girl! Whit had a blast in the two inches of water he was allowed. Be patient babies, you have MeMe swimming lessons this summer, and I will turn you two into the ducks you were meant to be. MeMe and Pops headed to the St. Simons beach. I threw in a picture the King and Prince Beach. Boy,was it hot.We are now tan. Does 88 degrees seem like spring to you? That is summer weather here on the Georgia coast. Spring has been tossed aside like an old shoe. I adore summer, the hotter the better. We hung new ferns on the front porch and got the garden tilled. I washed one dirty dog. I bought two new swim suits, in smaller sizes, thank you very much. We bought new sunscreen. Summer, here we come. The boat is almost ready. I can almost smell the salt air over on Lighthouse Beach on Sapelo Island. That is our first destination in the Minnow. Is it crazy to be in love with where you live? I love summer that comes during spring. I love that I have a real island complete with a lighthouse in my own county. I still marvel at the Spanish moss that dangles from our old oak trees. I sit each night on the screen porch and feel a chill when the sea breeze kicks in and brings that lovely hint of sea salt with it. I love that we have palm trees in our neighborhood that are green all year. I love when friends call to "meet them on our beach" and I know right where they mean. So here is to summer, sand and sea, swimming, beach combing, school vacation and grand babies. Life is precious here in southeast Georgia.

No comments: