Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 27, 2008

It Is Spring and I Have A Fever




Sea BreezesSpring visited the coast the weekend and stopped for a couple of days here in McIntosh County. She got a little weepy on Saturday afternoon and shed a few showers of tears, but that only made the green happier and brighter. Spring brought with her lovely soft breezes, singing birds and blue skies. Uhmmm, a delicious guest. I have spring fever. Last week we hauled newly delivered compost to the garden. Saturday morning we scurried to the local nursery open house and came home with a ton of plants to slip into our beds. I spent most of Saturday covered with dirt, sweat and a smile on my face as I dug and planted. Clumps of shade loving bright pink impatiens have found a home in the beds by the front porch being watched over by towering azaleas and bright green wild fern. The new swing got a showy new bed of pink begonias fighting for attention. The arbor over the swing is dazzling with sweet confederate jasmine springing to life with bright white flowers that will bloom most of the summer and sweetly scent and shade the grand baby swinging spot. Then there is the front porch. Ah, the front porch.Two new hanging pots of pink vining begonia have each found a spot at either end of the front porch. Last week I visited my favorite outdoor furniture store, the Salvation Army, and found three pieces of black distressed wicker for under $40. Of course, it was difficult to get in the convertible, but I always manage. I had a perfect spot on the front porch, and I do love a bargain. So this weekend was fun. Harold got the garden planted, and I worked on the rest of the yard. Did I mention the three bright blue plumbago plants that I planted by the front fence? Oh, they are lovely and will fill out and bloom well into the fall. I have spring fever, and it will only get worse.Enjoy the pictures of my front porch wicker deal, the confederate jasmine climbing beside our wrought iron table, and the pink faces of the begonias talking sweetly to the grand baby swing.It's going to be a great spring here on the coast!

1 comment:

Kittie "Kat" said...

I DO love Spring!! Your yard is just beautiful!