Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

9 Reasons Not To Own An English Cocker Spaniel


Sea BreezesI feel compelled to write this blog. Nine (9) reasons why you should not own an English Cocker Spaniel. If you are a frequent reader, you know that this past year has brought us, not one, but two English Cocker Spaniels. Pippin is a year old girl "Puppy" and Lewis is a 2 1/2 year old "grown up" finished his championship boy. I am home sick today, or better yet, trying to be sick with an awful cold. Hubbie is making me go see the doctor.

In the meantime, I attempted to be sick on the couch this morning which brings me to reason "1". EC's, as we who have them call the breed, have lips. Being licked in the ear by two sets of dog lips while sick is beyond explanation.

Reason #2...EC's can pick up anything, including the blanket I wrapped around my feverish body, which they pulled off and carried through the house.

Reason # 3....EC's can quickly change gears and become unmovable instant couch potatoes. Being feverish with 45 pounds of dog on one's body does not make for resting.

Reason #4....EC's can quickly change gears from couch potato to jumping circus dog. Being jumped on and off and on and off by two EC's while attempting to be sick is beyond explanation.

Reason#5...EC's are always happy, with tails wagging. Trying to be sick on the couch and feeling sorry for oneself while
getting kissed by happy dogs defeats the whole purpose of lying on the couch in the first place.

Reason #6....EC's eat anything....being brought a piece of the live Christmas tree while trying to be sick and lie on the couch makes one's heart rate rise, which is not good for healing.

Reason #7.....EC's love anything stuffed....All my pillows were pulled off the couch, and lying on the couch sick with no pillows is not fun.

Reason # 8...EC's love to stare at you until they get what they want like throw a ball, play with them, or give them a command. When one is sick, the last thing one wants is to be stared at by two sets of big, soft, brown, dog eyes.

Lastly, reason #9....EC's love with their whole dog hearts. When one is sick, one wants to be left alone to sleep and rest. Having hands and pj's pulled at by two dogs to play is not fun when one is lying on the couch trying to be sick.

For some reason, I am no longer on the couch. I am typing on my laptop that has a key missing and was found on the floor with teeth marks in it. I made the Dr. appointment. I put the part the Christmas tree lost in the garbage. I put the pillows back and folded up my blanket. I took 10 dog toys off the couch and put them away. I guess I feel a little better. It's hard to feel sick and sorry for oneself when one lives with two English Cockers who insist that daily life is to be enjoyed and laughed at!



No comments: