Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Give Thanks

Sea BreezesIt is suddenly that season to give thanks. In this economy we are all giving thanks for our jobs and simple things such as food and shelter. In this age of divorce, I find myself giving thanks for my sweet husband and all the love he gives to me. Our marriage is something I treasure. I give thanks for my children, and spouses and my grandchildren, and my son's girlfriend. I give thanks for our church and our dear friends, old and new. I give thanks for our silly animals that keep us laughing and busy. I am thankful for my education and my students.

This year we are thankful dear Tonya is headed toward the end of her cancer treatment. It has been a rough year for her, her family and all of us. We all have learned a lot about love and hope and perseverance. I am thankful for those lessons.

I am thankful we serve a Lord who loves us beyond our understanding.

I am thankful for the problems this year has brought because they have made me stronger and wiser.

We are closer as a family because of joining together in Tonya's fight for her life. She is still fighting and we are still hoping and praying for complete healing.

In Thanksgiving for you all readers, Phyllis

No comments: