Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Come Holy Spirit, Come


Sea BreezesToday we celebrated Pentecost Sunday, the birthday of the Christian church. We were reminded that the disciples and those with them received the gift of God's Holy Spirit. We were reminded that we have all received the Holy Spirit as a gift to be with us in our walk in this life. He is wisdom, and comfort and healing. He prays for us when we know not what or cannot pray for ourselves.

Our dear daughter-in-law Tonya has started her chemo, and she is very ill. My heart is aching for her and my spirit knows not what to pray. I am so thankful, for her, that while I am dealing with this aching heart and confused spirit, that the Holy Spirit, with His wisdom, is praying on my behalf and comforting dear Tonya. This day, bring her peace.

Like the murmur of the dove's song,
Like the ceaseless voice of prayer;
With a power to love and witness;
With a peace beyond compare.
Come Holy Spirit, come.

Amen and amen.






Add Image

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I recently wrote an article about the Pentecost.

http://easttowestministries.blogspot.com/2010/05/written-on-our-hearts-all-about.html