Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

School Is Almost Over and I Still Dream

Sea BreezesSchool is almost over. Summer is beginning. This has been the pattern of my whole life. First, I was in school, then straight to college. I took a break for a while until Blake started to school. For the next twenty something years or so, I raised three children and school set the pace for our life. I am now teaching and the pace has not changed.

I enjoy my pace, most of the time. The last few days of school are difficult because the children are already in summer mode and there are still things to teach. I like these last days of final exams because I have only a few students, and I get to relax with them. Teachers are so important to us all. Some we loved, some we hated, others we just forgot about. I do not know what kind of teacher I am. I only know that I have worked hard at my job to teach the students integrity and elegance, two of the most important qualities I know.

I still dream of things I want to do and be. I want to own a little farm and two horses. I want to sit on my front porch and write about the things I see and think about. I want to write honestly and from my heart. I want to make people laugh, and cry, and dream. I guess all those things are a type of teaching. The Holy Spirit gives us gifts. I have a gift of teaching and of empathy. With those gifts comes struggles. I worry about my students; I get caught up in other people's problems and worry about them. I get caught up in my own family's lives and live their struggles and joys.

This blog has been very random. I am at school now on planning with nothing to plan. I guess the big thought in my mind today is to never stop dreaming. Dreams do come true. I believe I will get my little farm and my horses. I will write the little small stories and publish them for others to enjoy. I will always be teaching someone or something....well, something. I will work with the horses and together we will get better. I will teach my grandchildren with memories and songs and stories. I will teach my dogs and cat to love more fully, it that is possible. I hope you have dreams. Never let them go.

No comments: